The Federal Government has arraigned former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai before the Federal High Court in Abuja over alleged unlawful interception of telephone communications belonging to the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu. According to court documents filed under suit number TABU/DET/CR/99/2026, El-Rufai, 65, allegedly admitted during a February 13, 2026 appearance on Prime Time on Arise TV that he was involved in the interception of the NSA’s phone communications. He was also said to have acknowledged knowing those who carried out the act but failed to report them…
Read MoreUS Freezes Assets of Eight Nigerians Over Alleged Boko Haram, ISIL, Cybercrime Links
The United States has imposed sanctions on eight Nigerians over alleged links to Boko Haram, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), and cybercrime, freezing their assets and blocking financial transactions under US jurisdiction. The action was announced in a February 10 publication by the United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) in its updated Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List, a 3,000-page document detailing individuals and entities subject to sanctions. OFAC said the publication serves as official notice of actions…
Read More2Baba, Natasha Osawaru Dedicate Baby in Joyful Church Ceremony
Veteran Nigerian music star Innocent Idibia, popularly known as 2Baba, and his wife, Edo State lawmaker Natasha Osawaru, have dedicated their baby in a church ceremony attended by close family and friends. A video that surfaced online on Thursday showed the couple presenting their newborn during the dedication service, marking a significant spiritual milestone for the family. In the now-viral footage, 2Baba and Natasha were seen dancing joyfully toward the altar while carrying their child, as relatives followed behind clapping and celebrating. The atmosphere was filled with excitement as…
Read MoreFubara Dissolves Rivers Cabinet After Tinubu-Brokered Peace Meeting With Wike
Siminalayi Fubara, has dissolved the State Executive Council in a sweeping political move that follows high-level reconciliation talks involving President Bola Tinubu and the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike. The dissolution, announced Thursday in a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Onwuka Nzeshi, directs all Commissioners and Special Advisers to hand over to the Permanent Secretaries or the most senior officials in their respective ministries with immediate effect. Governor Fubara expressed appreciation to the outgoing members of the Executive Council for their service…
Read MoreFidelity Bank Donates Essential Items to Ikoyi Correctional Centre
Leading financial institution, Fidelity Bank Plc, has demonstrated its unwavering commitment to enhancing the lives and wellbeing of indigent persons with the donation of relief items to inmates at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre in Lagos. The project, executed under the bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative known as Fidelity Helping Hands Programme (FHHP), saw the bank’s Human Resources (HR) department hand over various household tools and gift items to the leadership of the correctional facility as part of its efforts to support the rehabilitation and development of indigent persons in…
Read MorePhoto Story: ARCON Executives with Inductees at Union Bank’s Stallion House, Lagos
Share on:
Read MoreRussia Denies Recruiting Nigerians for Ukraine War as Four Allegedly Killed on Frontlines
Russia has denied allegations that it recruited Nigerian citizens to fight in its ongoing war against Ukraine, following reports that four Nigerians were killed on the battlefield. The war began in February 2022 when Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine, marking the largest military conflict in Europe since World War II. Last week, DAILY NIGERIAN reported that four Nigerians — Adam Anas, Akinlawon Tunde Quyuum, Abugu Stanley Onyeka and Balogun Ridwan Adisa — were killed while fighting on the frontlines between December 2025 and January 2026. According to the…
Read MoreHalima Abubakar Begs for Financial Help for Brain Tumour, Spleen Surgery After Eviction
Nollywood actress Halima Abubakar has once again appealed to Nigerians for financial assistance, saying she urgently needs funds to undergo brain and spleen surgeries. In a now-trending video shared on Tuesday, the actress was seen sitting on the floor as she emotionally begged the public for support. “I’m tired of begging, I need money, help me with money so that I can do my spleen surgery. I beg you in God’s name. I am not ashamed. If I am ashamed, I’ll just die one day, you people will not know,”…
Read MoreFire Guts OPay Office in Ibadan, Property Worth Millions Destroyed
A fire outbreak on Tuesday razed parts of an OPay office along the busy Akala Expressway in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, destroying property estimated at millions of naira and causing panic among residents, motorists and nearby business operators. The blaze reportedly broke out in the afternoon, sending thick smoke and flames billowing from sections of the fintech company’s premises and drawing a large crowd of onlookers. Eyewitnesses said the fire started suddenly and spread rapidly before emergency responders arrived at the scene. Some residents initially mistook the smoke for…
Read MoreNew Telegraph Award, Dinner Night: Ooni Is Royal Father Of The Day, Osoba Event Chair
The Ooni of Ife, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, has accepted to be the Royal Father of the Day at the New Telegraph Awards Night/ Dinner holding at the Grand Ballroom of the Oriental Hotels, Lagos this Friday. That is as veteran Elder journalist and former Governor of Ogun State, Aremo Olusegun Osoba, has also accepted to be the Chairman of the event. The New Telegraph Awards Night/Dinner is a high octane event, where governors, captains of industry, banking and financial institutions and executives as well…
Read More